Our co-op preschool is a non-profit educational and developmental program for young children. McKinley is owned and operated by parents and is licensed by the State of Michigan. McKinley Cooperative Preschool is located in Westland, Michigan near the Westland Shopping Center. We are less than fifteen minutes away from Canton, Plymouth, Livonia, Garden City and Redford.
McKinley Cooperative Preschool understands the essential role of parenthood in our society. Our goal is to reinforce and encourage the role of parents as the first, and best, teachers of children.
Most experts agree that involvement in your child’s education greatly increases the possibilities of developing a child who has a feeling of high self-esteem and who performs better in school.
McKinley Offers a Toddler Program, 3 Year Old Preschool and 4 Year Preschool. The school year is filled with fun learning, play, interaction with other children and parents, field trips, parties, and family events.
Come find out why children and parents love McKinley Cooperative Preschool!
What’s a Co-op?
A Cooperative Preschool is an early school environment that encourages socialization and education with both teacher and parent involvement.
Benefits of McKinley Co-op Preschool
- Affordable Tuition
- Enables you to be a part of your child’s education
- Your Child Will: High Adult/Child Ratio
- Build Self-esteem
- Enhance Socialization Skills
- Learn Through Play
- Make Decisions
- Solve Problems
- Express Themselves Creatively in Language and Art
- Parents Gain Parenting Techniques
What Will Be Expected Of Me As A Co-op Parent?
- Pay tuition and registration
- Participate in mandatory fundraising programs, each family currently has a $250 yearly goal.
- Meet health requirements (i.e. physical exams, up to date immunizations or waiver).
- Attend the Fall Orientation and General Membership Meetings held the second Tuesday of the month during class time.
- Assist during your child’s class time (Typically 2 times a month).
- Each parent is assigned a class job (i.e. housekeeping, classroom parties, library, etc…)